HI, I hope this can assist you. I understand you and your husband live together, he is a vetertan, you work for a living. You had to have surgery, during this time both cars broke down, and the mortgage got behind, you have a granddaughter whom willingly comes to take you to and from work. But you need more relief than getting back and forth from work you need cash.
here are a list of suggestions
1. go to your benefits department of your job. Every employer whom is part of large businesses has a benefit department. Request help for payment on your medical bills. Call medical billing and create a dialogue with him or her, letting him or her know that you are working on how to solve the problem. second you want to follow up with a letter, the same one you posted here, this way if they chose to sue, you use what you have when their attorney requests you to show up in court. the advantage of the appearance in court is you can pay a monthly sum. if you can not get relief from benefits department, union, or medicaid. Most times the information is put in wrong. The HCFA 1500 is the insurance invoice which most doctors hire his or her staff to file for funds for his care. Each department files a form of the same kind. Some times he or she does not put in all of the information or the computer is on the frizt and the problem becomes the patients. This is your time to question the bill, becauae it seems to me your insurance authorized your surgery, or else you would not have been eligible for surgery. Take your time and go through the medical bilss wich state you owe a cash amount on them.
1.look at how your name is spelled
2. look at the doctors name and his place of service.
3. look at the type of service the doctor granted
4 look at the service he provided
5. look at whom they are billing, because if it is your insurance carrier, then you have the right to call the insurance carrier and ask them why was your bill being denied payment?
2) locate the social worker whom was on your case and call her on the telephone and ask her why are these bills coming to your home?
I can suggest you sell both cars for cash, at the car dealer's. Find out if you can still put a car in drive and attach it to your grand daughters car, and take each car to the dealer or post a for sale sign on the cars and sale as is sometimes people buy parts.
Yet first ask around how to attach a non working to car to a functional running car, I do believe you have to be sitting in the car not functioning to prevent the car from weaving. Please ask!
Then if you can find a way then trade in. If not take the cash and go to an auction to purchase another car.
Auctions allow people to purchase a car for lessor value but the car is upto date sometimes.
You need to see if you have a union or can you borrow money. Most jobs have benefits like this for their employees, these are your benefits and I would take advantage of these benefits If you can
The next is asking for a bank loan, all banks now are claiming they want to loan people up to 25,000 and payment is roughly 500-600 a month? again check this option out.
Lastly can you put the house up for sell. Purchase a cheaper house?
If your husband is not working, ask him would he like to be apart of a club and then he can enroll into a nuruseing home club, the van will pick him up, he will have breakfast, lunch. The staff will take him back to you and your husbands home. he has balanced meals and you can stop a the store and buy portions for your lunch and the both of you can remain having dinner to gether.
Remember this is just round one, you have a number of rounds to go. I would stop into a nursing home to see are there any benefits for people like yourselves whom are struggling to stay together? Sometimes they have apartments available and they are lovely. Affordable and you and your husband can live the life you intended.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you, but really ask the guys at the job about getting both cars to the dealer ship whom buys old cars. I used to live in dallas texas, there's really nothing I have not been apart of. I have a bachelors degree and I took a course in medical billing, I was a radiology and ultrasond sonographer studentwhile working at the hospital as a certified nurses aid/ then upgraded to a certified nurse technician, returned back to work as a patient sercvice representative, had to undergo 2 more spine surgeries, I was 85,000.00 in debt from paying rent for an apartment, light, gas, food, clothing, I gained an enormous amount of weight during the waiting process.
I hope I have shed some light on your life dilemms, but really do some investigating of how to remove the cars off of your property.
oooh have a flea market sale and sale the things which you and your husbands can do with out and put the cars up as well, again call the community board and see how these things work. I know you and your family will persevere,The fight is not over it is just beginning, lovebug put your gloves on and begin slowing taking the time to knock each dilemma out of your life.